Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home


Arms folded over my chest, my body is straight laying right in the middle of the king size bed. My eyes are open but my vision is clouded over the roof. I believe I never pay this attention to it. Even when it’s early in the morning the firsts moments of light of the day are here and the time to stand up is getting close, not that I have slept much last night.

It’s incredible that just 2 days have passed since you left and I already miss you so much. Maybe it’s because today is Saturday and I’m very used to be with you all this day... and I don’t want to think that there are still 2 days left... Last night I tried to get myself busy so I would not feel alone on this beautiful house, our house; so I walked with the dog, cleaned the kitchen, ironed some shirts and pants, even went to the shop to buy food we probably won’t eat, moved the sofa into three different positions and finally left it as before, none of them kept my mind apart from you.

When we decided you’d go with this I only thought of your joy and success and how much you deserved it, I mean you are really talented, but I never thought the separation would be this hard for me, now I only have to conform with hearing your voice for a few minutes, like in the old days, and hear your thrill of knowing new people, new places and adventures. I believe that is the “rough” path of fame…

I now understand that everything we have in this house, everything we’ve worked for is meaningless if there is no one to share it with, I’ve been always so proud of what we have done but today I see it cold, useless and it makes me sad. Today this place is just a house because I know you are my home now… And as some time ago we said, it doesn’t matter what we get or where we’ll live the important thing is to stick together.


(Home - Michael Bublé)

(Home - Foo Fighters)

17 comments:

Lu Ann said...

How much you trhill me. Did you know that?

:) YOU are very talented. And well keep this idea on your mind: "It doesn’t matter what we get or where we’ll live the important thing is to stick together." that, will lead you far.

Lu Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lu Ann said...

Spaguetthi, Michael Bublé, sofá and cleaning stuff!!

Jingle said...

rich sentiments,
well put.

Jingle said...

Thanks for the participation,
visit and comment for 18 poets from my list, either participant list, or fresh poets to explore list to fulfill the requirement,

thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Nice thought Doc ...
Nice flow of words .. Amazing !!

Heyy Take a look at my new Poetry ..
http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/examination/
Selected for Jingle Poetry Week 32

and other creations as well in my BLOG
http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/

Hope you like them for sure !!

Anonymous said...

Nice thought Pal...
Nice flow of words .. Amazing !!

Heyy Take a look at my new Poetry ..
http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/examination/
Selected for Jingle Poetry Week 32

and other creations as well in my BLOG
http://ashbeezone.wordpress.com/

Hope you like them for sure !!

Anonymous said...

beautifully written

Anonymous said...

An interesting read, and so true that unless things are shared they never really seem to mean so much!

http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/i-want-chocolate/

The Reason You Come said...

Oh my, I know how you feel. I'm in a long distance relationship. He left in August, and though I will relocate to be with him, we are at this moment physically apart. I am left in this flat that we call home. But it's not home anymore because he's not here. I hear his voice everyday on the phone, and chat with him online, but still it isn't the same as having him next to me.

One of the reasons I like poetry is that I can always find works that mirror my life, and through them, I realize that other people in this world are experiencing the same things I am. That knowledge makes me feel better. Thank you for sharing this.

andulasia said...

simple and sweet

Christopher said...

Great use of language. very confessional in nature... enjoyed it. I felt like I was sharing an intimate moment with you...

marit said...

nice, I like the personal nature of it

Anonymous said...

"You are my home now"
Yes. Very important sentiment.
I have a similar one, though more concise! My rally entry, http://shawnbird.com/2010/11/06/old-love/
Shawn

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Hello, how are you?
Reminder;
return favors to poets who are here for you,
do 18 NEW comments….
let me know after you are done.
Thanks for the attention!
Happy Saturday! xxx

here is mine:
http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/11/today-i-write-it-down.html

actober reid said...

very well said..

Jingle said...

http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/thursday-poets-rally-week-32-participation-awards/

award notice,
Happy Wednesday!
Link a poem to Jingle Poetry potluck if you can, I value your support!
xxx

Free Hit Counter