Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In the 2nd floor.

I walk thru the elevator 2nd floor, departures, a lot of people everywhere, kind of annoys me. I keep walking looking for the airline, find it, do what was necessary, and now keep walking, waiting for the time is right, as I do so I realize that If you want to see all kind of emotions gathered on one place, the place to go is an airport, you can see the ones who are thrilled by the trip, the ones that hates to fly, others are sad and crying about the ones that leaves for a long time or forever…
I sit down and in all that bunch of faces showing the truth of their souls one stands, one kept my mind as no one.

It’s a girl, in her last 20’s, medium sized, brown skin, deep dark eyes. Her eyes are the ones that says everything, you know what they say, you can lie but your eyes don’t, so its with her.

She looks desperate like someone who is trying to run, to forget, to get by with the flow, to get lost with the thousands of people surrounding her.

Somehow I feel her pain, her “something” that is making her carry that heavy weight on her soul. I can see she is running away, everything about her shout it, she travels light, she has a book to keep her mind busy and she constantly looks around like if she was expecting someone to come and make her not to leave.

In one of her turns she look right to me and I look back, I don’t know if it was a second or a minute or hours that we see each other, but with that gaze I confirm what I thought. She is burning in pain and somehow I can feel it, and I try to comfort her with my eyes, I don’t know exactly how or what to say but I sure try, and she feels it. Now I focus not only in her eyes but her face, I notice that she is beautiful in a different way, maybe not for the world standard of beauty but there is something… Now I also notice some scares in her right cheek that’s definitely for a beat. Now I understand… And I think how someone could do that; there is no possible explanation for that I kind of feel angry about it. As my mind argues she stands up, took her two little bags and rapidly walks away. It surprise me as she move forward she look back and stares again like she is saying thank you. My eyes follow her silhouette and wonder if she’ll be alright, suddenly she stops and her eyes are on the front, throw her things away… run towards someone… It’s a man she kiss him and hug him… Then I know she won’t be alright…

1 comment:

Lu Ann said...

"He constantly looks around like if she was expecting someone to come and make her not to leave."

How could you be keeping all those great stories for yourself?!!!!

Im so so glad you are sharing them now.
I will tell you that tghis story really got me!! I could read it a thousand timestabcio

Free Hit Counter